To obtain extraordinary results, a team must be more than just a collection of people working together. It must have a high degree of Positivity and Productivity.
A highly functioning team has high commitment and alignment, which delivers extraordinary results.
In a positive, high-functioning system, every team member is empowered to perform at his or her individual best.
I will work with your team to:
- Develop team communication strategies and skills
- Have constructive conflict
- Successfully hold the difficult conversations
- Communicate respectfully, even in times of tension or stress
- Cope with very strong or stubborn personalities
- Develop trust within the team
- Create a compelling and enduring vision
- Develop clean and achievable goals
- Create functional, satisfying interpersonal relationships among team members
As a result, your organization will enjoy:
- Improved productivity and profitability
- Increased employee retention
- Inspiration and a greater sense of aliveness
- Healthy, productive conflict
- Increased employee buy-in and goodwill
- Increased creativity, leading to process improvements and product innovation
Ultimately, you will see a significant increase in your bottom line, sometimes immediately.
- Talk at each other but not listen?
- Exhibit sighs, eye rolling, and defensive postures in meetings?
- Sound positive but engage in pairing off and whispering?
- Get frustrated easily or feel overwhelmed with the workload?
- Have time to play? eat? let down?
- Only get together in meetings?
- Have problems trusting each other?
- Think that “Bob” or “Mary Sue” is the problem?
- Avoid conflict or engage in divisive and unproductive conflict?
- Have diverse members, but not talk about the differences out loud and comfortably?
- Withhold respect from each other?
- Meet a lot but get nothing done?
- Meet for longer than 2 hours at a time?
- Talk a good game but without accountability or results?
- Have a hard time trusting each other?
- Have clear goals and strategies?
- Make decisions in a timely fashion?
- Approach difficult situations proactively? quickly? reliably?
- Have a strong sense of team leadership?
- Wait impotently for your decisions even in the smallest of arenas?
- Have an attitude of ” it’s out of my hands/not my responsibility/not my problem?”