If you are like me, you often times might have an internal dialogue that goes like this when you are working on something:
“Is this working?”
“Am I doing this right?”
“Am I making progress?”
When these questions take root in my brain what follows is a few days of doubt and even frustration that I am not progressing fast enough.
Here, inside the Mai Vu Coach community, I help my clients build a sustainable Hot Life and Hot Love and we are always looking at our progress. In my signature work, I teach my clients to distinguish and integrate the three archetypes: The Peasant, Princess, and Priestess inside them, so that they can have the love, support, success and joy that they want.
Last week a few of us had a beautiful conversation about PROGRESS, and how each of those 3 P’s thinks about it, during one our program calls. It was so powerful that I want to share it here as a resource for you all.
What we learned is that how we define progress will determine our reactions, understanding, and level of satisfaction in ourselves and our effort. It can easily defeat us or encourage and inspire us forward. To see this even deeper, read how each of your 3 archetypes think about progress. Do a mental test on which of the three you might be listening to (remember, no archetype is better than the other, we have all three, and we want to have a healthy balance of each).
Peasant on Progress: (from our limited thinking, hard working, tangible and logical self)
- She is moving toward a positive goal
- She believes in sweat on the brow and getting it all done, forging ahead at light speed
- She believes that progress is a good thing and it is also a bad thing
- She needs tangible proof to move forward
- She has a judgement of what progress should be and look like
- She is very critical because of her expectations and judgements
- She believes that something is never good enough meaning she will poo-poo all over her progress
- She thinks she can do it all by herself . She might say something like, “I don’t need anybody because I can do it better faster, cleaner, & quicker”
- She asks herself, “How much can I accomplish?” and then says yes to all of it
Princess Progress: (from our all loving, generous, trusting, gracious and compassionate self)
- Progress is light and flowy much like dancing and singing
- She thinks of it as a flow, you might not get things done on your practicality list, but what you have done, feels really pleasing
- She knows that progress is individual and group based, and it takes a community to move forward.
- She asks for help and won’t do it alone.
- She will do things to be recognized and to recognize the people that helped her
- LOVE is her currency
Priestess Progress: (from our wise, deep knowing of wisdom from the past and clarity and foresight for the future self)
- She assumes progress and knows that it is going to happen. She is very grounded.
- She has a deep knowing and nothing rattles her. Meaning she has no judgement and can stand in her KNOWING, “it’s in my DNA”.
- Progress doesn’t have to be HUGE, an inch can be an incredible progress for someone.
- Progress is different for the Priestess: She thinks progress is when she breaks everything down and there is FREEDOM and real POWER for me. She doesn’t really care about success and safety like the way the Peasant thinks.
The point of seeing it from all three archetypes is to have a balance, and wise look of our progress, instead of being driven by our fearful limited peasant self which is typically what we are trained to listen to from an early age.
If you’d like to balance out your 3P’s, schedule a complimentary Hot Life Hot Love Discovery Session with me by filling out this short 3P’s questionnaire.