Ten Things I Love About Asia
10. The FOOD. If you are adventurous or just plain old open minded, Asia has awesome food.
9. The FRUITS. The flavors, fragrance, colors, taste, and textures are amazing
8. The SUBWAY or RAIL system. In most major cities in Asia (except for Vietnam and a few other countries that I have not visited) there is very nice, convenient, and cheap system to get around the city.
7. The PRICE of eating. If you don’t have to eat in nice fancy places, and can do what the locals do, it’s so cheap and yummy.
6. The MODERNIZATION. WOW, almost everywhere in Asia, is changing by the minute. Everything is growing, changing, becoming “better”, “slicker”, taller, sharper, prettier (especially the women, thanks to cosmetic enhancement), smarter, faster, cleaner, lots of …er’s
5. The UNTAMED areas. This is quickly disappearing, but places like Bali, Vietnam, Thailand, etc… still have the less modernized towns and cities. Granted they may have less modern day comfort (like toilet seat covers or even clean toilet) but they are beautiful, simple, and touch a different place in my heart and body that concrete and modernization can’t reach.
4. The WEATHER. It’s always warm. And if you like big rain, I love the big rain dump in Asia, with thunder and lightning. Last year I loved it so much, I sat outside to soak it up. The hotel security guard gently came up and asked me to go inside, cause he said “I love my guests too much to watch them get fried by lightnings”
3. The TAXI ride. It’s like getting a good roller coaster ride without having to pay for the admission fee.
2. The “XE OM” or back of the MOTORCYCLE ride, without helmet or much safety gear. What the heck, it’s freedom from fears and rules. Sad to say, due to the thousand deaths and accidents per day, this is quickly changing too. But I was born on one of those, I just can’t get that out of my system. I LOVE THEM.
1. The PEOPLE! There is a different way of thinking, being, connecting, and giving that Asians have that is different than Westerners. It’s not better or worst, it’s just different and beautiful in its own way.